NETBibleTagger - Automatically Tag and Quote Scripture References on Your Site
NETBibleTagger is an innovative way to quote and link to the Bible from your existing scripture references. Plain references turn into hyperlinks which create a small in-line windows (tooltips), when the user mouses over them. This tooltip displays the text in the passage(s) that were referenced. A "Read more" link is provided allowing one to view in context the reference and to study it further in the free NET ® Bible Study Environment! Now, you have access to the same great Bible quoting that Bible.org has been using for years to enhance its readers' experiences. The Translation used is the NET ®. You can find out more about it here; And here is a comparison of the NET with the NIV and ESV.
NETBibleTagger supports all of the Bible book names and their standard abbreviations. It will recognize and tag books with only one chapter (e.g., Matthew 1 or Matthew 2:9). It also handles multiple verses and chapters in a row with verses separated by commas and chapter:verse groups separated by semi-colons (e.g., Acts 3:16-18; 4:2-4), and recognizes many other common abbreviations and formats (e.g., Lk 2:1; 4:4; Gal 3:3; 3:8-10; Eph 3:1; 4:2). Whether you use a hyphen (-) or an en dash (–), NETBibleTagger will correctly recognize and tag your Bible references (e.g., Rom 5:1-10; Eph 2:8–9).
To prevent certain verses from being linked, place the text you want NETBibleTagger to ignore inside of <cite></cite> tags.
- Acts 9 - Single chapters
- John 3:16 - Single verses
- Psa 1:1-3 - Ranges in one chapter
- 1 Cor 5:1,4,5 - Comma separated value (csv) list of verses in one chapter
- Gen. 1:1-2; 2:3,4 - Range in one chapter and csv list in another chapter.
- Mat. 2:1-2; 3:3-5:8; 4:5,9 - Ranges and csv lists in multiple chapters
Note: As Bible references are case sensitive, john 3:16 would not be tagged; neither would GEN 1:1.
- Drupal Instructions - Drupal 6 Module - Drupal 7 Module
- Wordpress Plugin (Contributed by: fullThrottle Development)
- Blogger/Blogspot Instructions
- MediaWiki Instructions
- Joomla Instructions - Joomla 1.5 - Joomla 2.5
- DotNetNuke Skin Object
- Cross-Browser Bookmarklet - Add NETBibleTagger to any page you visit
- More coming soon! If you need assistance adding NETBibleTagger to your site/blog, just send us an email!
Get the Code:
NETBibleTagger can be used on most all websites or blogs. All you have to do is choose from the customizable options below and add the resulting code just before the </body> tag in you page or template file(s).
You can configure NETBibleTagger to match your site's theme here.